Import language pack
If you wish to add a new language to your store, you should:
Visit nopCommerce translations page.
Choose nopCommerce version and download the desired language pack.
Go to Configuration → Languages and press AddNew button.
Fill in the required fields and click Save and Continue Edit.
Click Import resources. And specify the path to the language pack file (*.xml) that you downloaded.
If you found a mistake in translation or wish to have custom naming, you can edit the string resources.
Manage string resources
Go to Configuration → Languages. The Languages window is displayed:
Click Edit, beside the language. In the Edit Language Details window, select the String resources panel.
For example, you want to change the name of a panel on top of the page from “Administration” (on the picture below) to “Control panel”.
In the Resource name field, enter administration. The required string resource if found. Click Edit beside it.
Enter the new name in the Value field and click Update.
The changes are implemented
Click the Add new record to add a new string resource. The window is expanded enabling you to add a new resource record to the grid, as follows:
- In the Resource name field, enter the resource string identifier
- In the Resource value field, enter a value for this resource string identifier
To configure localization settings go to Configuration → Settings → General settings
- Tick the checkbox Load all local resources to load all local resources on application startup
- Tick the checkbox Load all localized properties on startup to load all localized properties on application startup
- Tick the checkbox Load all search engine friendly names on startup to load all search engine friendly names on application startup
- Tick the checkbox Use images for language selection to use images instead of language names
- Tick the checkbox SEO friendly URLs with multiple languages enabled to allow SEO friendly URLs for all languages
- Tick the checkbox Automatically detect language for detecting language based on customer browser settings.