The customer list contains details of all existing customers and allows adding new ones. The customer list contains details of all existing customers and allows adding new ones. This and other customer management configurations makes nopCommerce an eCommerce platform with built-in omnichannel feature. In nopCommerce, customers include all users, such as administrators, vendors, and buyers. In nopCommerce, customers include all users, such as administrators, vendors, and buyers. To manage customers, go to Customers → Customers. The following window will be displayed:
To search for customers, in the Customers window, enter one or more of the following search criteria:
- Username, if enabled in the customer settings.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Date of birth, if enabled in the customer settings.
- Company, if enabled in the customer settings.
- Phone, if enabled in the customer settings.
- Zip code, if enabled in the customer settings.
- IP address.
- Customer roles — you can select one or more customer roles to be displayed.
- Registration date from and Registration date to
- Last activity from and Last activity to
You can export the customer data to an external file by clicking Export to XML (all) or Export to Excel (all). You can export selected customer data to an external file by clicking Export to XML (selected) or Export to Excel (selected).
Then click the Search button.
Add a new customer
To add a new customer, in the Customers window, click Add new. The Add a new customer window will be displayed. Define the following customer details:
The Customer info panel allows to enter customers' personal and account information, for example, change a password, assign/remove customer roles.
You can edit the following fields:
- Email address.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Date of birth.
- Company name.
- Is tax exempt indicates whether the customer is exempted from taxes.
- Choose appropriate stores in the Newsletter multiselect to subscribe the customer to a store newsletter.
- Customer roles — one or multiple customer roles. Note that any role that needs to log in to the system (for example, administrator, vendor) should have the "Registered" customer role among others. You can set up customer roles in the Customer roles section.
- From the Manager of vendor dropdown list, if required, select a vendor associated with this customer account. When associated, this customer will be able to log in to the selected vendor portal and manage its products and orders. Note that if you have a vendor associated with this customer, you should ensure this customer record is in the Vendors list.
- Select the Active checkbox to activate the customer.
- Admin comment — administrator comments for internal use if required.
Click the Save button to save the changes or Save and continue edit button to proceed for more customer information. In this case, you will see the newly added panels on the customer details page.
You will also see the Send email, Send private message (if forums are enabled), and Delete buttons.
After clicking the Send email button, the Send email window will be displayed, enabling the store owner to send an email to the customer. After clicking the Send private message button, the Send private message window will be displayed, enabling to send a message to the customer. To use private messaging, allow private messages in forum settings.
In the Orders panel, you can view the customer's orders' details.
In the Addresses panel, you can view, edit, and create new addresses of the customer.
Click the Add new address button to add a new customer address. Fill in the appropriate fields and click Save. The new address will be added to the customer.
Current shopping cart and wishlist
In the Current shopping cart and wishlist panel, you can view the customer's shopping cart and wishlist.
In the Activity log panel, you can view the customer's activity log. See how to manage activity types in the Activity log - Customer activity types section.
Place order (impersonate)
In the Place order (impersonate) panel, store owners can create orders for their customers without password information. This is useful for customers who do not want to register or for large sites using CSRs to place orders over the phone.
The panel contains the Place order button. After clicking this button, you will be redirected to the public store. Select the products the customer wants, add them to the cart exactly as the customer would do in the public store, then use the Checkout button to proceed through the usual checkout process, and then click the Finish session link at the top of the page to finish this session.
Back in stock subscriptions
In the Back in stock subscriptions panel, see the products the customer is subscribed to.
In the Reward points panel, store owners can add reward points to the customer or view their reward points usage history. This panel is visible when the reward points program is enabled. Refer to the Reward points section for more information.
Add (reduce) points
In this panel:
- Enter the number of Points. To reduce points, enter a negative value.
- In the Points validity field, specify the number of days the awarded points will be valid (only for a positive number of points).
- Enter a Message or comment.
- Select the Activate points immediately checkbox if you want to enable customers to use reward points right after earning them. If you don't select this checkbox, one more option will appear:
- If the previous checkbox is clear, in the Reward points activation field, specify the period (number of days/hours) after which reward points will be activated.