Customer list contains details of all existing customers, as well as allows to add new ones. In nopCommerce, customers include all users, such as administrators, vendors, and buyers. To manage customers, go to Customers → Customers. The following window will be displayed:
To search for customers, in the Customers window enter one or more of the following search criteria:
- Username, if enabled in the customer settings.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Date of birth, if enabled in the customer settings.
- Company, if enabled in the customer settings.
- Phone, if enabled in the customer settings.
- Zip code, if enabled in the customer settings.
- IP address.
- Customer roles - you can select one or more customer roles to be displayed.
You can export the customer data to an external file by clicking Export to XML (all) or Export to Excel (all). You can export selected customer data to an external file by clicking Export to XML (selected) or Export to Excel (selected).
Then click the Search button.
Add a new customer
To add a new customer, in the Customers window click Add new. The Add a new customer window will be displayed. Define the following customer details:
The Customer info panel allows to enter customers' personal and account information, e.g. change a password, assign/remove customer roles.
You can edit the following fields:
- Email address.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Date of birth.
- Company name.
- Is tax exempt indicates whether the customer is exempted from taxes.
- Choose appropriate stores in the Newsletter multiselect to subscribe the customer to a store newsletter.
- Customer roles - one or multiple customer roles. Note that any role that needs to login into the system (e.g. administrator, vendor) should have "Registered" customer role among other. You can set up customer roles in the Customer roles section.
- From the Manager of vendor dropdown list, if required, select a vendor associated with this customer account. When associated, this customer will be able to login to the selected vendor portal and manage its products and orders. Note that if you have a vendor associated with this customer, ensure this customer record is in the Vendors list.
- Tick the Active checkbox, to activate the customer.
- Admin comment - administrator comments for internal use, if required.
Click the Save button to save the changes or click the Save and continue edit button to proceed for more customer's information. In this case you will se the newly added panels on the customer details page.
You will also see the Send email, Send private message (if forums enabled) and Delete buttons.
After clicking the Send email button, the Send email window will be displayed enabling a store owner to send an email to the customer. After clicking the Send private message button the Send private message window will be displayed enabling to send a message to the customer. To use private messaging, allow private messages in forum settings.
In the Orders panel you can view the customer's orders details.
In the Addresses panel you can view, edit and create new addresses of the customer.
Click the Add new address button to add a new customer address. Fill the appropriate fields and click Save. The new address will added to the customer.
Current shopping cart and wishlist
In the Current shopping cart and wishlist panel you can view the customer's shopping cart and wishlist.
In the Activity log panel you can view the customer's activity log. See how to manage activity types in the Activity log - Activity types section.
Place order (impersonate)
In the Place order (impersonate) panel store owners can create orders for their customers without having to have password information. This is useful for customers who do not want to register, or for large sites using CSRs to place orders over the phone.
The panel contains the Place order button. After clicking this button you will be redirected to the public store. Select the products the customer wants, add them to the cart exactly as the customer would do in the public store, then use the Checkout button to proceed through the usual checkout process and then click the Finish session link in the top of the page to finish this session.
Back in stock subscriptions
In the Back in stock subscriptions panel see the products the customer subscribed to.
In the Reward points panel store owners can add reward points to the customer or view his or her reward points usage history. This panel is visible when the reward points program is enabled. Refer to Reward points section for more information.
Add (reduce) points
In this panel:
- Enter the amount of Points. To reduce points enter a negative value.
- In the Points validity field specify the number of days when the awarded points will be valid (only for positive amount of points).
- Enter the Message or comment.
- Tick the Activate points immediately checkbox if you want customers will be able to use reward points right after earn them. If you didn't check this checkbox one more option appears:
- If the previous checkbox is unticked, in the Reward points activation field specify the period (number of days/hours) after which reward points will be activated.