This chapter describes how to set up the shipping details of a store. Besides the location and warehouses set, there are other things which comprise good logistics.
To manage shipping settings go to Configuration → Settings → Shipping settings.
Define your shipping settings in the Common panel the following way:
- Check Estimate shipping enabled (cart page) to display estimate shipping information based on customer's shipping address on the shopping cart page. See the screenshot below.
- Check Estimate shipping enabled (product page) to display estimate shipping information based on customer's shipping address on the product details page. See the screenshot below.
- Select the "Pick up in store" enabled to display the pickup in store option during checkout at the shipping address step. Users will see the following screen:
- Tick the Ignore additional shipping charge for pick up in store checkbox if needed.
- Choose to Display pickup points on the map if you want to display them on the Google Maps. Customers should not enter a shipping address and choose a shipping method when this option is selected.
You can also specify a fee for the 'Pick up in store' option. To do this go to Configuration → Shipping → Pickup points and configure the appropriate pickup point provider. Learn more here: Pickup points.
- Tick Free shipping over 'x', to enable free shipping for orders over a certain total amount. The following field is then displayed, enabling you to define the value of 'x'.
- In the Value of 'x' field, enter the value over which all orders with a total greater than this will qualify for free shipping.
- Calculate 'x' including tax. If it is not ticked, the value is calculated excluding tax.
- Tick Use warehouse location to use it when requesting shipping rates. This is useful when you ship from multiple warehouses.
- Tick Consider associated products dimensions and weight to consider associated products dimensions and weight on shipping, uncheck for example if the main product already includes them.
Define your shipping settings in the Notifications panel the following way:
Tick Notify customer about shipping from multiple locations if required. This is useful when you ship from multiple warehouses.
Tick Display shipment events (customers), to enable customers to view shipment events on their shipment details page.
Note: to be enabled, this feature must be supported by a shipment computation method.
Tick Display shipment events (store owners), to enable store owners to view shipment events on their shipment details page.
Note: to be enabled, this feature must be supported by a shipment computation method as well.
Then define the checkout settings:
Check the Hide shipping total if shipping not required checkbox if you want to hide the Shipping total label if shipping is not required.
Check the Ship to the same address checkbox to display "ship to the same address" option during checkout ("billing address" step). In this case "shipping address" with appropriate options (e.g. pick up in store) will be skipped.
When using this setting make sure that all billing countries (Configuration → Countries) support shipping (Allows shipping checkbox ticked).
Tick Bypass shipping method page if there's only one shipping method available. This page will not be displayed during the checkout process.
Define the shipping origin details:
- Select the Country.
- Select the State/province.
- Define the County/region.
- Enter the required City.
- Enter the required Address 1.
- Enter the required Zip/postal code.