This section describes how to manage countries (where your customers are located) and states.
To define the countries and states, go to Configuration → Countries.
By default, all the countries are uploaded. You can publish and unpublish countries by selecting them and clicking the corresponding buttons at the top of the page.
Add a new country
To add a new country, click Add new.
In the country info panel, define the following country settings:
- The Name of the country.
- Allows billing to customers located in this country.
- Allows shipping to customers located in this country.
- Enter Two letter ISO code of this country.
- Enter Three letter ISO code of this country.
- Enter Numeric ISO code of this country.
- Select the Subject to VAT checkbox to indicate whether customers in this country are charged the EU VAT (the European Union value added tax).
This field is only used when the EU VAT option is enabled on the tax settings page (Configuration → Settings → Tax settings).
- To tie a certain store to a country, select the required stores in the Limited to stores field, as follows:
This list is only used when you have several stores configured. For further details, refer to Multi-store.
- Select the Published checkbox to enable this country to be visible for new account registrations and creation of shipping and billing addresses.
- Enter the Display order of this country. A value of 1 represents the top of the list.
Adding new states and provinces
In the State and provinces panel, you can add states and provinces of the country.
By default, the states of the USA are added.
Click the Add a new state/province button at the bottom of the panel to add a new state or province.
Define the following state/province details:
- Name of the state or province.
- Abbreviation for the province or state.
- Select the Published checkbox to publish the state or province on the website.
- In the Display order field, enter the display order of this province or state. A value of 1 represents the top of the list.
You can export a list of states of all the countries that were added to the system or import the additional ones using the corresponding buttons at the top of the Configuration → Countries page.
The imported file should have the same format as the exported one.