This section describes how to manage countries (where your customers are located) and states.
To define the countries and states go to Configuration → Countries.
By default, all the countries are uploaded. You can publish and unpublish countries by selecting them and clicking the corresponding buttons in the top of the page.
Add a new country
To add a new country click Add new.
In the country info panel define the following country settings:
- The Name of the country.
- Allows billing to customers located in this country.
- Allows shipping to customers located in this country.
- Enter Two letter ISO code of this country.
- Enter Three letter ISO code of this country.
- Enter Numeric ISO code code of this country.
- Select the Subject to VAT checkbox, to indicate whether customers in this country are charged EU VAT (the European Union Value Added Tax).
This field is used only when the EU VAT option is enabled on the tax settings page (Configuration → Settings → Tax settings).
- To tie a certain store to a country select the required stores in the Limited to stores field, as follows:
This list is used only when you have several stores configured. For further details refer to Multi-store.
- Tick the Published checkbox, to enable this country to be visible for new account registrations and for the creation of shipping and billing addresses.
- Enter the Display order of this country. A value of 1 represents the top of the list.
Adding new states and provinces
In the State and provinces panel, you can add states and provinces of the country.
By default, the states of the USA are added.
Click the Add a new state/province button in the bottom of the panel to add a new state or province.
Define the following state/province details:
- Name of a state or a province.
- Abbreviation for the province or state.
- Tick the Published checkbox, to publish the state or province on the website.
- In the Display order field, enter the display order of this province or state. A value of 1 represents the top of the list.
You can export a list of states of all the countries, which were added to the system, or import the additional ones using the corresponding buttons in the top of the Configuration → Countries page.
The format of your file to be imported should be the same as of the exported one.