GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) is a revised European Union's new data privacy law which impacts how all companies collect, use, and share the personal data of their European customers. The regulation entered into force on May 24, 2016, and applies since May 25, 2018. The regulation is an essential step to strengthen individuals' fundamental rights in the digital age and facilitate business by clarifying rules for companies and public bodies in the digital single market.
For more information, please refer to this source:
To enable GDPR settings in your nopCommerce store, go to Administration → Configuration → Settings → GDPR settings.
Then select the GDPR enabled checkbox. Additional settings will allow you to capture a log of the following activities:
- Log "newsletter" consent.
- Log user profile changes.
You can add consents on your nopCommerce site by clicking the Add consent button in the Consents panel:
To add a new consent, you will be redirected to the Add consent window:
Define the following consent settings:
- Message or question that will be displayed to customers.
- Whether the consent Is required.
- Whether the consent will be Displayed during registration.
- Whether the consent will be Displayed on "customer info" page in the "My account" section.
- Display order is the consent display order. 1 represents the first item in the list.
Here is an example of a consent option on a customer info page:
If you have enabled the consent log settings, then you can see the log activity by going to: Administration → Customers → GDPR requests (log).
When the GDPR setting is enabled, the store owner can also perform actions like:
- Permanent delete for deletion of a customer record.
- Export data for exporting customer data.
To do this, go to Administration → Customers → Edit customer page.