Tips and Tricks
- One of the major issues in web development/designing is that different browsers use different default values for various CSS properties. While customizing or creating your own theme – Always make sure that your styling is compatible with all the browsers. Test your website in major browsers like IE, Mozilla, Opera, Safari and Chrome.
- While working with CSS style sheets, if you don't see any change on your website – Do not panic. Try deleting history and cookies of your browser and then try again by refreshing your page.
- Make sure you understand the difference between id and classes. You can apply classes to multiple elements, while ids refer to only one element.
- CSS style sheets do not allow you to start the name of your ids and classes with a number or other non-alphabetical character.
- Do not limit yourself to span and div tags only. There are a lot of other / better features offered by CSS to style a page.
Or you can use the Chrome DevTools tool, which is part of the Chrome browser. You can learn more about it here: Chrome DevTools.